- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 strawberries , sliced
- 20g pecans
- 20g goat cheese
- generous sprinkle of freshly cracked pepper
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tsp balsamic vinegar (use reduced for more flavor)
- 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp liquid honey
- If you want to use reduced balsamic, start by bringing about 1/3 of a cup balsamic vinegar to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until only a few tablespoons are left in the saucepan. This will take about 3-5 minutes. Set aside to cool while you put the salad together
- In a medium mixing bowl, add spinach leaves, strawberry slices and pecans and give that a good toss.
- In a separate bowl, mix balsamic vinegar, oil, honey and salt. Whisk to combine.
- Transfer salad to serving plate, sprinkle goat cheese and drizzle dressing overtop. Sprinkle generously with freshly cracked black pepper.
- Garnish with more strawberries if desired.
From The Healthy Foodie